Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan Tortellini Recipe
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (20 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- Shredded fresh basil leaves, if desired
| ||PREP TIME
- Spray 4 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix pasta sauce, broth and salt in cooker. Add chicken breasts.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon to cutting board, and shred.
- Meanwhile, stir tortellini into cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes.
- Stir tortellini mixture; top with shredded chicken. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tortellini are tender and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 2 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Sprinkle over mixture in slow cooker. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
A recipe from Pillsbury