Mushroom Ragu with Sweet Potato Tagliatelle Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 20g dried mushrooms, soaked in 400ml hot water
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, roughly torn
- 300g mini portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 450g closed cup chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g spinach
- 2 x 300g sweet potato tagliatelle
- 30g Sainsbury's Italian hard cheese, grated
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat the oil in a very large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- When the dried mushrooms are soft, remove them from the hot water with a slotted spoon, reserving the liquid.
- Add them to the pan along with all the other mushrooms and the fresh thyme. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms have started to cook down.
- Sprinkle over the flour and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the reserved mushroom liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cooking liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Leave to wilt for a couple of minutes, then stir through. Season with black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato tagliatelle according to the instructions on the packet.
- Serve the tagliatelle with mushroom ragu topped with the Italian hard cheese.
A recipe from sainsburys