Orange soy-braised chicken thighs Recipe
- 2 clementine oranges
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 green onion, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
| ||PREP TIME
- PEEL clementines, reserving peels.
- Set aside peels and segments separately.
- SPRINKLE chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large shallow saucepan over medium-high.
- Brown chicken, about 10 min.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp of the fat from the pan.
- Cook white parts of green onions, garlic, ginger and reserved clementine peels, stirring, until softened and fragrant, about 1 min.
- STIR in broth, water, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from pan bottom.
- Return chicken, skin-side down, and juices to pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 25 min.
- TURN chicken skin-side up over medium-high and boil, until juices are reduced and chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.
- Add reserved clementine segments and green parts of green onions and cook for 3 min.
- Serve over rice with juices.
A recipe from Chatelaine
Printed from Flyers-Online.com