Korean Turkey Meatballs with Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice or cider vinegar
- ? cup chopped peeled pear or apple
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½-1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari (GF)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ? cup dry bread crumbs or panko (can omit for gluten-free version)
- 6 ounces udon, soba or linguine noodles* (GF if necessary)
- 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp. gochujang, or 2 Tbsp. ketchup seasoned with 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 3 scallions, cut on diagonal
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place turkey in a bowl.
- Combine molasses, pepper, sesame oil, vinegar, pear, onion, ginger, soy sauce and two cloves of the garlic in a food processor and whirl until well minced.
- Scrape out of the processor and onto the turkey and stir to combine.
- Mix in the egg and bread crumbs.
- Form into 1 ½” balls and place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until done. (Careful not to overcook.)
- While the meatballs are baking, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- When meatballs are done, warm a saute pan over medium heat.
- Swirl in oil and add the remaining clove of garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds then whisk in the gochujang or ketchup-hot sauce mixture and ¾ of the reserved pasta water.
- Simmer until it starts to thicken then add noodles.
- Toss to coat then add meatballs. (Add remaining pasta water if necessary.)
- Sprinkle over the scallions and serve.
A recipe from Crosbys
Printed from Flyers-Online.com