Stuffed Pepper Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, or Cheddar blend (6 oz)
| ||PREP TIME
- In 4-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, breaking into small pieces as beef browns.
- Add bell peppers, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until peppers have started to soften. (If you didn't use extra-lean beef, drain off some of the fat at this point.)
- Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir until well combined. Heat to boiling.
- Add uncooked rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
A recipe from Betty Crocker