creamy sausage & vegetable potato soup Recipe
- 2 large russet baked potatoes (2 lbs), cooked
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 oz. ground turkey breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- salt & pepper
- Carefully, scoop out the flesh of the freshly cooked potatoes into a large bowl (Having hot potatoes helps with the next step)
- Cut cream cheese into small pieces and gradually add them into the potatoes, while stirring and mashing until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and saute until tender.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Carefully stir in the potato mixture.
- Use a potato masher to further mash up the potatoes (leaving a few small chunks of potato is fine)
- Add in mixed vegetable and cooked sausage.
- Simmer until vegetables are heated through.
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with cheese, bacon or chives.
A recipe from divas can cook