Barbecued Rustic Zucchini and Feta Pie Recipe
- 1 store-bought pastry dough (approximately 300 g)
- 2 or 3 zucchini
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) salt
- 60 mL (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 125 mL (½ cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) sliced almonds
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- To taste freshly ground pepper
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) fresh thyme, minced
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) crumbled feta
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 4 or 5 sprigs thyme (optional)
| ||PREP TIME
4 repas ou 8 entrées
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- The temperature must be at least 180 °C (350 °F).
- Remove the pastry dough from the refrigerator.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and let them sweat. Mix and set aside.
- Sprinkle flour onto a work surface and roll out the pastry dough into a disk shape around 35 cm (14 in.) in diameter.
- Take a baking sheet, turn it over, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the pasty disk on the aluminum foil.
- With a fork, pierce the dough in several places.
- Baste the pastry dough with Dijon mustard and cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Strain the zucchini slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl and add the almonds, garlic, shallot, pepper, thyme, and olive oil.
- Spread the zucchini mixture over the pie dough in overlapping slices.
- Leave 5 cm (2 in.) of dough free so that it can be folded back.
- Crumble the feta onto the zucchini and fold back the pastry dough.
- Brush the edge of the dough with the egg yolk.
- Place the sprigs of thyme in the middle on the pie.
- Put the baking sheet onto the barbecue.
- Using the indirect grilling method, cook for 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Keep an eye on the cooking process and reduce the temperate if needed.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com