American Goulash Recipe
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (from 32-oz carton) Progresso™ beef flavored broth
- 1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup flavored croutons, coarsely crushed
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and onion.
- Cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain, and return to skillet.
- Add garlic; cook about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper.
- Heat to simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 16 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese; top with crushed croutons.
A recipe from Betty Crocker