Garlic and Herb Mussel Linguine Recipe
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Seafood Broth
- 1 lb dry linguine noodles
- 4 lb mussels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or any other crisp, herbal white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- In large pot, bring broth and pasta to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 min
- Meanwhile, rinse the mussels well under cold water.
- Pick them over, pulling off any beards and discarding any mussels that are broken or open.
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant and soft but not coloured, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, wine, and half of the parsley.
- Increase the heat to high; cover.
- After 2 minutes, remove the lid and toss the mussels well with a large spoon.
- Cover the pot again and cook until the mussels have opened wide, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that did not open.
- Add pasta to the mussels with the remaining parsley, giving the mussels a final toss, and divide the pasta and mussels over four shallow bowls and serve with crusty bread.
A recipe from Campbells