Smoked Salmon, Blueberry Cream Cheese, and Seasonal Vegetable Bagel Recipe
- 5 mL 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 250 mL 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 container 225 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 bagels, halved
- 1 pack 125 g smoked salmon
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 30 mL 2 tbsp. fresh blueberries
- 15 mL 1 tbsp. capers
- 6–8 leaves mixed lettuce
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sweat the shallot for 1 minute.
- Add the blueberries and cook for 2–3 minutes (or until they begin to burst).
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the blueberry mixture to the cream cheese and stir gently.
- Toast the bagel.
- Spread with the blueberry cream cheese.
- Top with the smoked salmon, red onions, tomato slices, radishes, blueberries, capers, and lettuce.
- Close your sandwich.
- Serve with cucumbers and dressing.
- Enjoy this simple and delicious treat!
- For an extra boost of flavour in your cream cheese, try adding mango, fresh herbs, citrus zest, or any kind of pepper or spice.
- It has never been easier to add a delicious and original twist to a meal!
A recipe from Iga