Slow-Cooker Burgundy Stew with Herb Dumplings Recipe
- 2 lb boneless beef bottom or top round, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jars (4.5 oz each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
| ||PREP TIME
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix all stew ingredients except water and flour.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours (or High heat setting 4 to 5 hours).
- In small bowl, mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture.
- In small bowl, mix Bisquick mix, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and the sage. Stir in milk just until Bisquick mix is moistened. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot beef mixture.
- Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Serve immediately.
A recipe from Betty Crocker