Skillet broccoli and potato frittata Recipe
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 900-mL carton no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 400-mL can coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen diced butternut squash
- 1 1/4 cups red lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 6 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, (optional)
| ||PREP TIME
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, 6 to 8 min.
- Scoop out and add broccoli to boiling water and cook for 2 min.
- Rinse broccoli under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- HEAT oil in a 10-in. cast iron frying pan over medium-high. (If you don’t have a cast iron pan, use an oven-safe frying pan.)
- Add onion, garlic and potatoes and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are brown around the edges, 2 to 3 min.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 min.
- WHISK eggs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Pour into pan and evenly distribute vegetables.
- SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until frittata is golden around the edges and set when jiggled, 12 to 15 min.
- Serve with a salad.
A recipe from Chatelaine