Sauteed Pears with Bacon and Mustard Recipe
- 6 oz (170 g)slab bacon, sliced ¼ inch thick, slices cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 ripe but firm Bosc pear, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted walnuts
| ||PREP TIME
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and fat has rendered out, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat from the pan.
- Add onions and cook over medium high heat until tender crisp and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add pears, rosemary, sea salt and pepper; cook until tender and golden, about 5 minutes more.
- Whisk together broth, vinegar and mustard and deglaze pan, scraping any brown bits. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with walnuts before serving warm or at room temperature.
A recipe from campbells