Sausage Rolls Recipe
- 5 bacon-cheddar sausages
- 1 sheet flaky pastry dough 10 X 10 inches (25 X 25 cm)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut in 2
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) water
- Honey mustard dip (homemade or store bought)
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Cut sausages in 2 and cook as indicated on the package.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Unroll flaky pastry dough on a lightly floured work surface, cut in two, and cut each rectangle into 5 strips each 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- Cut cheese slices in 2 and place a half slice on each strip of pastry.
- Place one sausage segment on each strip and roll up tightening slightly.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat together the egg and the water.
- Brush a little of the egg mixture under the end of the dough to secure it and place seam side down.
- Repeat with all the rolls, then brush them with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve hot with ramekins of honey mustard sauce for dipping.
A recipe from Olymel
Printed from Flyers-Online.com