Salt-and-Pepper Fish Recipe
- 1 cup short-grain sushi rice
- 8 scallions
- 1 (1") piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ lb. skinless, boneless cod, cut into 2” pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
| ||PREP TIME
- Rinse rice in several changes of cold water in a medium bowl until water runs clear.
- Drain well, then transfer to a small saucepan.
- Pour in 1¼ cups cold water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Give rice a stir so grains don’t stick to the bottom.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cook, undisturbed, until water is evaporated and rice is tender, 18–20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit, still covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim dark green tops from scallions and thinly slice; set aside.
- Thinly slice white and pale green parts of scallions of a deep diagonal.
- Set aside separately.
- Mix ginger and 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl.
- Add cod and season with salt and sprinkle all over with pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Cook cod, undisturbed, until golden underneath, about 2 minutes.
- Turn over and scatter reserved white and pale green scallion parts on top.
- Cook, shaking the pan a few times, until fish is cooked through and some scallions are caramelized and some are just slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir vinegar and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Mix into rice.
- Add butter and reserved dark green scallion tops and gently stir until butter is melted.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer rice to a platter and top with fish; pour any pan juices over.
A recipe from Epicurious
You also might like:
Life Made Delicious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com