Nordic meatballs with beet and kale salad Recipe
- 3 slices light rye bread, cut into 1/4-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 cups finely sliced kale
- 1 small beet, peeled and grated
| ||PREP TIME
- COMBINE one-third of bread cubes with milk in a small bowl.
- Let stand until bread is soft, 5 min.
- COMBINE ground beef with 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, egg yolk, salt and milk-soaked bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Mix with your hands until combined.
- Divide mixture and roll into 16 balls.
- HEAT an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium.
- Add 2 tsp canola oil, then remaining dry bread cubes.
- Cook, stirring often, until toasted, 4 to 5 min.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tsp canola oil to pan, then meatballs.
- Cook, turning often, until brown on all sides, about 5 min.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, covered, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, 7 to 10 min. Let stand, 5 min.
- WHISK remaining 2 tbsp each canola oil with cider vinegar and Dijon in a large bowl.
- Add kale and grated beet. Toss to coat.
- Divide salad and croutons among 4 plates.
- Top with meatballs.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
A recipe from Chatelaine
Printed from Flyers-Online.com