Ravioli al Pomodoro Recipe
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for drizzling on top
- 2 stems fresh oregano
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 28-ounce can Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Peeled Pear Tomatoes with Basil & Sea Salt*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 16-ounce package ravioli
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into smaller pieces
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
| ||PREP TIME
- Add your olive oil to a large skillet or sauté pan and heat over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, and add the onion and garlic to the oil, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Cook until the onions are transparent, about 5-7 minutes.
- By hand, crush the San Marzano-Style tomatoes and add to the pan with the juice.
- Season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the heavy cream until incorporated and remove pan from heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the ravioli. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain water; place the ravioli into the cooked sauce.
- Top with the mozzarella pieces and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the top with your 1 tbsp. of extra olive oil.
- Broil in oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tops become crispy.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and serve hot. Enjoy!
A recipe from Wishes n Dishes