Pork osso buco Recipe
- 8 (about 1 kg / 2.2 lb.) pork osso buco slices, each 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick
- To taste, salt and pepper
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 250 mL (1 cup) white whine
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth
- 1 tin (796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) finely chopped fresh sage
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) finely chopped fresh oregano
- for garnish, Mix of finely chopped fresh oregano and sage
- for garnish, grated lemon rind
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 160C (325F).
- Season pork with salt and pepper all over.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat, and brown meat on both sides.
- Add garlic and onions, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is lightly golden.
- Add pork, white wine, chicken stock, tomatoes, sugar, oregano and sage.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- To serve, sprinkle with oregano, sage and lemon zest mixture and accompany by buttered orzo with Parmesan.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com