Taco Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 (3-4 pound) spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, or more to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- 1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- Mozzarella cheese, for topping
| ||PREP TIME
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and take out the seeds. Place on a shallow baking dish with about an inch of water in it.
- Microwave for 5 minutes. Test to see if cooked by piercing it with a fork.
- Continue to microwave in 5 minute increments as needed until cooked. (You can also do the halves one at a time if they don't fit in your microwave together.)
- Set aside and let cool slightly.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Add in ground beef and break up with a spatula.
- When beef is cooked, add salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin, then pour in diced tomatoes.
- Cook until everything is heated through.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Scrape the insides of spaghetti squash into the beef mixture and stir until all the squash is incorporated.
- Pour mixture back inside the two squash halves and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with cheese and place back in oven until cheese is melted, another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
A recipe from yummy healthy easy