Pasta with 10-Minute Pesto Recipe
- 1 pound pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons pine nuts, divided
- 5 cups (loosely packed) basil leaves (about 2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
| ||PREP TIME
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, toast 2 Tbsp. pine nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat, shaking skillet back and forth, until lightly toasted, 2–3 minutes; set aside.
- Blanch 5 cups basil in a small pot of boiling water 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon or spider, transfer to a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Purée garlic, oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/3 cup pine nuts in a blender until nuts are very finely chopped and mixture is creamy.
- Using your hands, lift basil from ice water, shaking off excess but not all water from leaves (a bit of water will aid emulsification).
- Add to blender and purée just to combine.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan; purée just to combine.
- Transfer pesto to a medium bowl, then stir in reserved pasta cooking liquid.
- Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl or platter and toss with pesto.
- Top with Parmesan and reserved toasted pine nuts and garnish with basil.
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com