Melted brie with cranberries, bacon and pecans Recipe
- 100 g Olymel applewood smoked bacon chopped into 1/2 cm (1/4 in.) strips
- 1 brie wheel, 375 g
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pecans
- 75 ml (1/4 cup) port or cranberry juice
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh parsley, snipped
| ||PREP TIME
- In a bowl, combine cranberries with the port or cranberry juice and let soak 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a pan, sweat the onion and bacon about 10 minutes and remove excess fat.
- Add cranberry mixture.
- Reduce until almost dry.
- Add the pecans.
- Place the cheese on a piece of aluminum foil about 30 cm (12 in.) long.
- Crimp foil around cheese so it keeps its shape during baking.
- Top cheese with garnish.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot and whole, accompanied by pieces of baguette or bread rusks.
A recipe from Olymel
Printed from Flyers-Online.com