MEDITERRANEAN RISOTTO Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) roasted red pepper tapenade
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 pkg. (227 g) white mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 375 mL (1½ cups) Compliments Arborio Rice
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Sensations by Compliments Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baby Spinach, finely chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) Compliments Goat's Milk Cheese Crumbles
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped fresh basil
- To taste, salt
- and pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Brush chicken breasts with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of roasted red pepper tapenade.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and cook about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 77ºC (171ºF).
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat; sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add onion and cook 2 minutes. Stir in rice and add (500 mL) 2 cups hot water.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often. When water absorbs, add another 2 cups (500 mL) water and cook, stirring often, until rice is al dente.
- Stir in the tapenade, vinegar, spinach, goat cheese and basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice chicken and serve over risotto.
A recipe from Iga