Make-Ahead Eight Layer Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ? cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
| ||PREP TIME
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a tall 2-1/2-qt. glass serving (ideally a trifle bowl) but you can also use a large glass bowl; top with pasta and then sliced eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer with ham, salami and then peas.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley before serving. Enjoy!
A recipe from Wishes n Dishes