Kale salad with creamy cashew dressing Recipe
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp honey, (optional)
- 1 bunch kale, thinly sliced, about 8 cups
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 gala apples, sliced, about 3 cups
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pepitas
| ||PREP TIME
- SOAK cashews in water, covered, overnight.
- Pour cashews and liquid into a blender along with lemon juice, Dijon, honey and salt.
- Season with fresh pepper.
- Whirl until very smooth.
- It should measure about 1 1/3 cups.
- COVER kale with hot water in a large bowl for at least 1 min.
- Drain and squeeze kale dry.
- Return to bowl.
- Add chickpeas, carrot, apples, avocado, goat cheese, dried cherries and pepitas.
- Drizzle with cashew dressing. Toss to coat.
A recipe from Chatelaine
Printed from Flyers-Online.com