Italian Baked Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 oz) uncooked pasta (such as penne, ziti, rotini or rigatoni)
- 4 cups marinara sauce (homemade or purchased)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
| ||PREP TIME
- Cook pasta in generously salted water 3 minutes less than recommended on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour 2 cups of the marinara sauce into dish. Add half of cooked pasta; toss well. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon half of the ricotta cheese in dollops over top. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with mozzarella cheese. Cover lightly with foil, making sure foil is not resting on cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until center is bubbly and thoroughly heated. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
A recipe from Betty Crocker