Instant Pot™ Spaghetti and Meatballs Florentine Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey (at least 93% lean)
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving, if desired
- 1 package (5 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
| ||PREP TIME
- In large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs.
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert until very hot.
- Add meatballs; cook 4 to 5 minutes without moving, until meatballs release easily from bottom of insert.
- Turn; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on second side. Turn one more time; cook 2 to 3 minutes on third side, until browned.
- Select CANCEL. Using slotted spoon or tongs, transfer meatballs to plate.
- Stir broth and whipping cream into meatball drippings in insert. Stir mixture to loosen browned bits from bottom of insert.
- Stir in spaghetti; coat in sauce mixture.
- Place meatballs evenly over spaghetti mixture. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING.
- Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 8 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Gently stir cream cheese and Parmesan cheese into mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and spaghetti is completely separated.
- Spaghetti will appear to be stuck together but will separate while stirring.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the spinach and lemon juice until spinach wilts. Top with additional Parmesan cheese.
A recipe from Betty Crocker