German Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds new potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil or olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the grill to high. Place potatoes in a large pot with the yellow onion and cover with cold water.
- Cook, on the grates of the grill, or on a burner, until tender. Drain, discard the onion, and cut the potatoes into cubes when cool enough to handle.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Place a large saute pan on the grates of the grill. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the red onion to the rendered bacon fat and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully add the vinegar and mustard and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Whisk in the oil and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the hot dressing to the potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Fold in the green onions and parsley. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay