Fruit and coconut spring rolls Recipe
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 4 large rice paper wrappers
- 250 mL (1 cup) peeled mango cut in matchsticks
- 250 mL (1 cup) peeled seedless papaya cut in matchsticks
- 8 to 12 fresh mint or basil leaves
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) light coconut milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) white sushi rice
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) sweetened grated coconut, toasted
| ||PREP TIME
- Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add rice and salt; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before adding toasted coconut.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Soak a rice paper wrapper in hot water until pliable.
- Place on a flat working surface.
- Spoon 60 mL (1/4 cup) rice onto bottom of the wrapper, leaving a space of 2 cm (1 inch) on each side.
- Add half of the mango and 2 or 3 mint or basil leaves.
- Roll up wrapper to cover rice and fruit.
- Fold each side toward the middle to close ends, and continue rolling to make a log.
- Repeat procedure for remaining mango, and then for papaya, to make 2 rolls of each fruit. Refrigerate.
- Place strawberries, raspberries and maple syrup in a blender and purée.
- Cut rolls in half just before serving.
- Serve half a roll of each fruit per person.
- Dip into the red berry coulis.
- To toast coconut, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add coconut and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com