Fiddlehead and Hot Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe
- 500 mL (2 cups) fiddleheads
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) hot pepper (e.g. Finger Hot, Jalapeno, Fresno)
- 1 lemon, zest only
- To taste, salt and pepper
| ||PREP TIME
- Sort fiddleheads, discarding any that have unrolled.
- Place in a plastic bag and shake vigorously to remove brown husk covering them.
- Rinse fiddleheads thoroughly in lots of water.
- Trim off any brown tips with a knife.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook fiddleheads for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and hot pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add fiddleheads and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring to coat well with butter mixture.
- Add lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Serve as a side dish for grilled meat.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com