Easter Egg Cookie Cups Recipe
- 2 packages (16 oz each) Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pouch (7 oz) white cookie icing
- 1 pouch (7 oz) blue cookie icing
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) pink decorating icing
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) yellow decorating icing
Pastel candy sprinkles and confetti
- 1 cup ready-to-eat cheesecake filling (from 24.3-oz container)
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1 can (6.4 oz) green decorating icing
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular- size muffin cups. Place 2 cookie rounds in each cup, pressing in bottom and up side to form shell.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown (dough will puff) (A). Dip end of wooden spoon handle in sugar; carefully press into bot- tom of each cup to reshape (B).
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, knead remaining package of cookies and the flour until blended. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with 1 1/2- to 2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 1 inch apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Frost cookies with icing;
- decorate with sprinkles and confetti. Let stand 5 minutes. Pipe designs onto cookies with icing. Let stand until set (C).
- In medium bowl, mix cheesecake filling and whipped topping until blended. Divide mixture evenly among cookie cups (D).
- With star tip, pipe green icing over filling to look like grass (E). Top each cookie cup with an egg cookie. Serve remaining cookies on the side.
Holidays & Entertaining
A recipe from Pillsbury