Chorizo baked cod with sticky beans Recipe
- 300g fresh cod loins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 75g diced chorizo
- 50g stale white bread, crust removed
- 15g parsley
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 410g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
| ||PREP TIME
- Season the cod and chill until needed. Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan, then fry the chorizo over a medium heat for 1 minute until you see a good amount of fat.
- Tear the bread into pieces and add it to the pan. Toss the bread with the chorizo and cook for 2 minutes until the bread is red with the chorizo oil.
- Tip on to a plate and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Transfer the bread and chorizo to a food processor and blitz into crumbs.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest and lots of freshly ground black pepper, blitzing briefly to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and add the fish. Spoon the chorizo mixture on top of the fish fillets and press down firmly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the crust is crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato purée, sugar, treacle and red wine vinegar. Add the beans and fill the empty can halfway with water.
- Add to the pan, then bring to the boil, cover and cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, but not coloured.
- Add the spinach in two batches, waiting for the first batch to wilt before adding the second.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice and season well.
- Add the beans to 2 plates, top with the spinach and fish and serve.
A recipe from sainsburys