Chocolate Grasshopper Ice Cream Tart Recipe Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder, divided (optional)
- 1 (14.3-ounce) package Oreos, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pints green mint chip ice cream
- 15 Andes crème de menthe thins or 8 After Eight mint chocolate thins
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- A 9-inch springform pan
| ||PREP TIME
Step 1 :
- Pulse cocoa, 1 Tbsp. malted milk owder (if using), and two-thirds of Oreos in a food processor until coarsely ground with no large pieces remaining.
- With motor running, gradually add butter; process, scraping sides once, until mixture resembles wet sand (do not overprocess).
- Press mixture very firmly into bottom and 1 1/2" up sides of springform pan.
- Freeze until firm, 20–25 minutes.
Step 2 :
- Meanwhile, peel away sides of containers from ice cream.
- Cut ice cream into 2" pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Let sit until slightly softened, about 5 minutes, then stir with a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula until the consistency of thick cake batter.
- Break remaining Oreos into large pieces; fold into ice cream along with mints.
Step 3 :
- Scrape ice cream into crust; smooth top.
- Freeze until hard, at least 1 day.
Step 4 :
- Just before serving, place chocolate, corn syrup, salt, and remaining 1 Tbsp. malted milk powder (if using) in a medium bowl.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate.
- Let sit until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Pour over tart and spread to edges.
- Freeze until ganache is firm to the touch, 10–15 minutes.
- Cut tart into wedges with a hot dry knife to serve (run knife under hot water and wipe dry between slices).
Step 5 :
- Tart (without ganache) can be made 1 week ahead.
- Once solid, wrap in plastic; keep frozen.
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com