Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz. baby carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. fresh baby spinach
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add butter and melt.
- Add onion and carrots; cook until onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 minutes - you want just a little color on the chicken - stirring occasionally. The chicken will cook the rest of the way as the soup cooks.
- Sprinkle flour over the chicken/veggies; stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, half and half, and red pepper flakes. Cook until soup thickens (5-10 minutes).
- Add tortellini to pot and cook until al dente, 5-7 minutes (if frozen, this will take longer).
- Remove pot from heat. Sprinkle in half the cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the rest of the cheese and melt slowly.
- Add more salt/pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and garnish with spinach. (You can also stir in the spinach while it's still in the pot. Enjoy!
A recipe from Wishes n Dishes