Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 16 (1/4-inch) strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Muir Glen™ organic tomato basil pasta sauce (from 25.5-oz jar)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup Progresso™ Italian panko crispy bread crumbs
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of zucchini slices with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Place on ungreased large cookie sheet; roast 15 to 18 minutes or until zucchini is pliable enough to roll. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes.
- Spread pasta sauce in baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper flakes and egg yolk.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Spread 1 rounded tablespoon ricotta filling evenly over each zucchini strip.
- Gently roll up, and place rolls on sides (so spiral shows on top) in baking dish in 4 rows by 4 rows, keeping them close together. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is heated through and crumbs are browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
A recipe from Betty Crocker