• 1 package (12.84 oz) Mrs. T mini classic cheddar pierogies, defrosted
• 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
• olive oil, enough to coat the pan
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 medium green pepper, chopped
• 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
• 10 oz chicken stock
• 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
• ½ can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
YIELD 6-8 servings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a Dutch oven, sauté chicken on both sides in olive oil until juices run clear. Remove, cut into cubes, and set aside.
In the same pot, sauté the onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender.
Add stock, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil and let boil for a few minutes; remove from heat.
Add the defrosted pierogies and cooked chicken to the soup mixture, tossing to coat.
If using a Dutch oven, sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Alternatively, pour into a 13x9 inch greased baking dish, sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!