Vegetarian Couscous Recipe
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL)onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL)bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL)chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL)red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL)mixed dried fruits and nuts (cranberry, raisins, chopped apricots, cashews, peanuts)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)Greek seasoning
- 2 cups (500 mL)couscous
- 3 cups (750 mL)CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL)cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)fresh parsley, chopped
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add onions and peppers and sauté for 4 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and browned.
- Add garlic,chickpeas,red kidney beans,dried fruits & nuts and Greek seasoning to pan and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add couscous,cover and turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes,fluff the couscous with a fork; add cherry tomatoes and parsley then stir to combine.
A recipe from campbells