Tropical Lime Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups crisp coconut cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 3 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, if desired
| ||PREP TIME
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Reserve 1 tablespoon crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture lightly in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine sherbet, ice cream and lime peel; blend until well mixed. Spoon into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
A recipe from Pillsbury