Sweet Potato Avocado Sliders Recipe
- 2 LBS SWEET POTATO, PEELED AND CUT INTO 1-INCH CUBES
- 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBSP GARLIC POWDER
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 3 TBSP REDUCED-SODIUM SOY SAUCE, PREFERABLY TAMARI IF GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 TBSP VEGAN WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1/4 YELLOW ONION, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 1 CUP CHICKPEAS, DRAINED AND RINSED
- 1 1/4 CUPS GLUTEN-FREE ORGANIC ROLLED OATS
- 3/4 CUP RAW WALNUTS, CRUSHED
- 3/4 CUP FLAXSEED MEAL
- 1 TSP SMOKED PAPRIKA
- 1 TBSP SILK UNSWEET ALMONDMILK
- 2 TBSP UNREFINED COCONUT OIL OR VEGETABLE OIL
- WHOLE WHEAT OR GLUTEN-FREE MINI SLIDER BUNS
- AVOCADO, ADDITIONAL WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, ONION, KALE, MUSTARD AND MAYONNAISE, FOR SERVING
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sweet potato cubes, olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Spread into a single, even layer on a large baking sheet and roast until golden brown (approximately 35-40 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Place the roasted sweet potatoes into the bowl of a food processor along with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pulse 15-20 times to combine.
- Add onion and chickpeas and pulse until fully combined, occasionally stopping to scrape down the food processor bowl.
- Mix just until the chickpeas and onion are fully incorporated.
- NOTE: The mixture should have the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Avoid overmixing.
- Combine oats, walnuts, flaxseed meal and paprika in a large bowl.
- Fold sweet potato mixture into the dry ingredients, then mix in Silk.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of the mixture at a time and, using your hands, form into round burger-shaped patties.
- Heat the coconut or vegetable oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the patties and saute until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on slider buns with your choice of toppings.
A recipe from Silk
You also might like:
Printed from Flyers-Online.com