Summer Chickpea Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (I had some yellow peppers on hand and added a handful chopped up)
- 2 ribs celery and leafy tops, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced or grated
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (use parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
| ||PREP TIME
- Combine chick peas and black beans with onions, peppers, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes and cilantro in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Dress salad with vinegar and oil mixture, salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. It tastes better after doing this!
A recipe from Wishes n Dishes