Spiced Coconut Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves plus stems, stems and leaves divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime, halved (one half cut into wedges, for serving)
| ||PREP TIME
- Select Sauté on high heat on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Once hot, add the onion and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut milk and water.
- Secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook for 13 minutes on high pressure.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Add the rice, chopped cilantro stems, and sugar and secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and bones from the chicken and discard.
- When the rice is cooked, select Cancel and let naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining steam.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and add the juice of half the lime.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls topped with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
A recipe from Epicurious
Printed from Flyers-Online.com