Southwestern Chicken Avocado Melt Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Your favorite jarred salsa
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 Avocados, Sliced into thin strips
- 4 thin slices pepper jack cheese
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 4 chicken breasts on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine, chili, garlic, onion, cumin and paprika powders.
- Mix together and rub evenly on chicken. Cook for 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Take chicken out of oven. Preheat broiler. Spread 2 TBSP salsa over the top of each chicken breast.
- Place 1/2 an avocado, sliced on top of each chicken breast. Squeeze 1/2 a lime over each chicken breast.
- Gently top with a slice of cheese. Place back in oven and broil for 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted to your liking.
- Let rest for 2 minutes and then serve. ENJOY!!
A recipe from stl cooks