Slow-Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 8 oz cavatappi pasta, cooked and drained as directed on package (about 3 cups)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
| ||PREP TIME
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix enchilada sauce, taco seasoning mix and chicken until chicken is coated.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and green chiles to slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and transfer to cutting board; let stand about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, stir cream cheese and Cheddar cheese into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir thoroughly to incorporate.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken with 2 forks; return to slow cooker, and stir in cooked pasta.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
A recipe from Betty Crocker