Million-Dollar Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 container (8 oz) cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs, parsley and Parmesan cheese with whisk.
- Drain spaghetti, and add it right back to the hot pot. Add the butter and the egg mixture to the spaghetti, and quickly toss until evenly coated and the eggs have formed a sauce.
- Add mixture to baking dish.
- Add cottage cheese and cream cheese to the pot you tossed the spaghetti in, and mix until combined.
- Pour the cheese mixture directly over the spaghetti mixture, spreading it out in an even layer.
- Heat 10-inch skillet (or use the pot you cooked the spaghetti in) over medium heat, and brown the beef, 5 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the pasta sauce and cream. Spread mixture over cheese layer. Then add the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over top.
- Place baking dish on large cookie sheet. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned on top.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh mozzarella and basil, if desired.
A recipe from Betty Crocker