Shrimp and Brie Wrapped in Phyllo Recipe
- To taste, salt and pepper
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 3 sheets Phyllo Pastry Sheets, approx. 30 cm X 40 cm (12 in x 16 in) each
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) cooked shrimp, very coarsely chopped
- 120 g (4 oz) Brie, cut into 6 thick slices
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine the shrimp and lime juice in a bowl and marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, spread a sheet of phyllo pastry on a work surface.
- Cover the remaining sheets with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the entire surface of the phyllo.
- Place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with melted butter.
- Place a third sheet of phyllo on top.
- Cut the stack of phyllo sheets in two (lengthwise) with a very sharp knife, then cut each strip into 3 strips (6 squares in all).
- Drain the shrimp.
- Add the coriander, salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Spoon the shrimp onto each of the 6 squares and top with a slice of Brie.
- Bring the four corners of each pastry square together and press along the seams to seal them.
- Lightly brush with butter and place in muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of sunflower sprouts.
- If you wish, tie a strand of green onion around each pastry square just before serving.
A recipe from Iga
Printed from Flyers-Online.com