Sausage Lentil Chili Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (16-oz) package Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (can also use mild if preferred)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (16-oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 (14-oz) cans chicken broth, plus more if needed*
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed
| ||PREP TIME
- Brown sausage in a large cast iron pot (or other large stock pot) on medium heat. Break up sausage into small pieces using a spatula.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and stir for a minute. Stir in celery and carrots. Add cumin, chili powder and salt & pepper.
- Pour in tomatoes and chicken broth. Add beans and bring to a boil on high. Turn to low and cover.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add in lentils.
- Bring to a boil. Turn to medium-low and cover until lentils are cooked and veggies are tender.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan on top if desired. Enjoy!
A recipe from yummy healthy easy