Sambal Short Rib Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless beef short ribs, thinly sliced against the grain
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 6 medium radishes, trimmed, quartered
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Cooked short-grain rice (for serving)
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oil in a wok or large cast-iron skillet over high. Season beef with salt and pepper and cook, tossing and stirring often, until deeply browned, 8–10 minutes.
- At first meat might seem wet but it will eventually take on color and look shiny. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, tossing around, until they soften and start to take on a little color, 6–8 minutes.
- Add scallions, ginger, and garlic and cook, tossing constantly, until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Add sambal oelek and mirin and cook, tossing to coat, about 1 minute.
- Add radishes, snow peas, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half and meat and vegetables are glossy and saucy, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve stir-fry over rice topped with basil.
A recipe from epicurious