One Pot Spinach and Sausage Tortellini Recipe
- 1 lb mild italian ground sausage
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes with basil
- 20 oz three cheese tortellini
- 8 oz fresh spinach
| ||COOK TIME
- Heat large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- Crumble and brown Italian sausage in pan until cooked through. Remove to paper-towel on plate to drain.
- Pour wine into hot pan and use wooden spoon to deglaze, scraping up all the little brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce until about half and add crushed tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add tortellini, stirring to combine and cover with sauce. Put lid on pan and cook 8 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan and pile spinach on top. Replace lid on pan so spinach can steam and wilt, about 5-8 minutes, and stir spinach into pasta.
A recipe from jessican wood