One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
| ||PREP TIME
- In a sturdy pot, cook fettuccine until it’s al dente in salted water.
- Drain pasta and toss pasta with cold water to stop the cooking.
- In the same pot, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a large spoon or tongs to break up chicken as it cooks.
- Add taco seasoning to the skillet along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Then add onions, peppers and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked fettuccine back into the pot and stir to combine.
- If the mixture looks dry, add water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce is smooth.
- Top pasta with grated cheese, turn heat down to very low, and cover the pot for one minute to melt cheese.
- Serve pasta garnished with fresh cilantro.
A recipe from Tablespoon