One Pan Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 2 lb (908 g)scrubbed Yukon gold potato, cut 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 3 green onion finely chopped (light and dark green parts divided)
- 1/2 tbsp (8 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g)lean ground chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with 2/3 cup (165 mL) of the broth, green parts of onions and salt. Keep warm.
- While the potatoes boil, cook chicken in ovenproof skillet over high heat, breaking up with spoon until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add butter, mushrooms, light parts of onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce and poultry seasoning to pan; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle in flour; cook 1 min.
- Gradually stir remaining broth into pan; stir in peas and carrots. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon potatoes over chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
A recipe from campbells