Italian Sausage Baked Ziti Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked ziti or penne pasta (14 oz)
- 1 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 jars (25.5 oz each) Muir Glen™ organic roasted garlic pasta sauce
- 2 logs (8 oz each) presliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz)
| ||PREP TIME
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in drippings 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, sausage, mushroom mixture and pasta sauce.
- Spoon half of mixture into baking dish.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese slices.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture over cheese.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until heated in center and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
A recipe from Pillsbury
Printed from Flyers-Online.com